Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Backyard Encounter

As usual, I had other things I planned to write about tonight, but then there was this amazing backyard encounter at my house yesterday afternoon which I just had to share. 

If you know me at all, you've heard about Emma, our special kitty. She has a seizure disorder and is just not right in the head. When I lay out on the deck, she wants to be outside too, but I have to keep an eye on her because if she were to wander off, there's no way she'd find her way home. Usually, she lays under a chair or the grill, in the shade and sleeps, but sometimes she does jump off the deck. 

It was time for both of us to go back in the house. I looked around, and there she was under the clothesline, stalking something. I only had my cellphone, in case someone called, and not my regular camera, so the pictures aren't the best. I suppose I need to cave and upgrade my cell, huh? 
It didn't take me long to see what Emma was stalking. Little stinker. 
The doe was just as curious. Sorry about the clothes on the line. Yes, I'm that old-fashioned. 
 So this stupid deer, turns and wanders off in the woods, with Emma still looking for her. And that doe circles around on my trail and comes out in the yard behind Emma. 
And Emma is oblivious. Like she's saying, "Which way did he go, George?" from the old cartoon "Of Foxes and Hounds".  

And the doe just wants to find out what Emma is. 
"Oh, hello, there!" The moment of truth. And Emma hissed and the deer took off. 
And Emma's still like, "Which way did he go?"

No comments: