Wednesday, September 4, 2024

A Really Quick Trip to Calumet

Last Wednesday, I shared a short two-day trip I had made with a friend in July. Today, I’ll tell you really quick about a trip Hubby and I took last month to Michigan’s UP. Our favorite place. But unfortunately, only for overnight.

 

After checking into our Airbnb in Calumet, our first stop was the Cooper Country Firefighters Museum.

Next was the Calumet Theater right across the street.


After we hit The Hut restaurant for dinner, I took a walk around town. This is the old depot. 

What a shame it has fallen into such disrepair. From what I could see through the windows, it’s still filled with character. 

Next morning, I took an early morning walk. Hate seeing a “do not enter” sign on a church, even if it is for the adjacent one-way street.

Such beautiful old buildings in and around downtown Calumet. 

But this was what we really went up north for – the jams and cookies at The Jampot.

And also, this, my favorite park. Esrey Park. It still takes me back to the many trips I made to the UP as a kid.

Of course, no trip to upper Michigan would be complete without a trip to this park. The sign might say that this is Calumet Waterworks Park, but for Hubby and I, it will always be Dino’s Park. 
I'm sure he's still playing fetch and swimming in Lake Superior, without ever getting tired, living his best life in doggie heaven. 


No comments: