Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Wishes


Sorry that I haven’t remained diligent with my blog this week. I truly had good intentions and was going to stay on schedule. I thought that I had Christmas preparations well in hand, but here I am on Christmas Eve afternoon, not only with gifts still to wrap, but gifts to finish making. (And if I don’t get in the shower pretty soon, I will never be ready for church in time.)

Why do we continually let this blessed holiday get out of control? Why is it so easy to get caught up in the hectic busy-ness of the season and so hard to just focus on what is really important? Family and true friends really don’t expect expensive wrapped presents; they just want our time, our love. They want to know that we are happy and at peace, and in exchange we want peace for them too. We all just want laughter. And for all my family and friends, even those who only know me via this blog, I wish for you the joy in knowing Jesus Christ as your Savior.


My husband has finally learned to tie his own tie.

No comments: