Thursday, July 18, 2013

Words of Wisdom Written Down

My husband and I attended Lifest again this past weekend.

I see that when I was there two years ago, I wrote long-winded - I mean - detailed blog posts about the various speakers and performers I witnessed there. I looked back over my notes, scribbled into my little pocket-size notebook, and noticed that I had actually taken NOTES while attending the different seminars. Taking NOTES? When I don't have to? I don't know what possessed me two years ago, but this year? Well, to be honest, I didn't even take my notebook.

I know, how does someone who claims to be a writer, forget to take her notebook? Ok, I had scrap paper, which worked very well, and my laptop to catch up on things each evening. And the laptop idea didn’t work out so well, but I won’t go there now.

So with all of this bad preparation, did I get anything out of Lifest this year? Oh, of course. Maybe I didn’t take notes and document every minute of the three days, but maybe it is about more than that. Maybe it is more about being in the moment. What’s meant to stick with me, will, without writing it down.

Sounds deep, but makes the whole aspect of being a writer a little less appealing. Huh.

Chad Moses - “Guilt is feeling bad about something you did; shame is feeling bad about who you are.”
 
Tiffany Thompson - “It’s going to be ok in the end; if it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”
 
Troy Murphy - “It’s not seeing is believing; it’s believing in seeing.”

Ok, so I did write some stuff down. What can I say? 

No comments: