Friday, January 26, 2018

Snowfall Past and Present

 I still have a long way to go to scan all of the old family photos into the computer. As in, I haven’t even made a dent! I have found quite a few gems already, though, some of them being the vast amounts of snow we seemed to get each winter when I was a kid.

These pictures were all taken in the early seventies and were pretty typical of the snow I remember every year. I also remember that school was hardly ever called off due to the weather. More than likely, they would keep the buses from running, expecting that the students who lived in town or whose parents could drive them would show up at school. On those days, Mom would say, “Jump in the car. We are going to school.” Few people that I knew had four-wheel drives either. Everyone’s rear-wheel drive four-door sedan would plow through anything.

 Aww, those were the days.
 The day before any of the snow fell this past week, school was already cancelled, based solely on the forecast. 
 It’s tough to get decent pictures in the dark in a snowstorm. But here is our deck in the backyard during the snow. 
And the next morning. 
Our driveway and garage during. 
And the next morning. 
Wishing you a safe and happy winter whatever your weather brings.

No comments: