Sunday, October 7, 2018

Another non-coincidence

  And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. (Romans 8:28 New Living Translation)

My husband and I celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary this past Thursday. The same as with our birthdays, we view it as just another day. We treat each other with the same love and respect no matter what the date is on the calendar. Isn’t that how it should be?

On Friday, I cleaned out one of my file cabinet drawers. It has been a very long time since I went through it. Probably, eighteen years, actually.

Not quite a month ago, I wrote a post about not believing in coincidences. And I still don’t. Somewhere in the back of that file drawer, when I pulled out the “Happy 3rd Anniversary” banner which my kids made that long ago, I didn’t think it was by chance that it was the day after our anniversary.

Maybe God wants me to celebrate the special days, whether the anniversary of marrying the man He chose for me or a random date when I get to spend the day with that man.

Thank You God for each new day. Whether special or not, each day is a gift.

(And thank you, Himey, for putting up with my many quirks.)  
We still take the worst selfies 

No comments: