Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Red Wing, Minnesota

    It’s easy to become overwhelmed when one has traveled the same roads on very different trips within one month.

The end of October I was in the same area along the Mississippi River as I was this past weekend. I wanted to organize the pictures and the stories to blend together. I’m afraid that’s not going to happen, at least not seamlessly.
The trip in October, for a wedding, took us from our very cheap motel in Red Wing, Minnesota, to the historic St. James Hotel.
 The original front desk.
 The library just off of the historic lobby.
 An old piece of furniture in the historic lobby.
 A really old safe in the basement.
 Views from outside.

 This past weekend, my friend and I stopped in to explore the Pottery Place mall on our way through Red Wing.
 Many times over the years, I’ve visited the various shops inside the old pottery factory.
 I wish we would have had more time to wander around the two levels of antiques, but we had more towns to visit along the River. 

1 comment:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wow! I would want to spend all my time in that library! What a beautiful place. Wish I could see the bookshelves up close! Enjoy your afternoon!