Sunday, February 3, 2019

The Gift of Children

   Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.  Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.
Psalm 127:3-5 (New International Version)

If you are friends with me on Facebook, you may have already seen these pictures. 

I have to share them again because I am so blessed to have such amazing kids. When I brag about them, people sometimes say it’s because I’m such a good Mom. I take absolutely no credit for that; my son and daughter turned out to be the caring, giving kids they are little thanks to me.

My word for 2019 is “gift”, so I have been sharing various Bible verses about that word. Today, with my kids just back from another volunteer trip to Kenya, I am remembered of the wonderful gift they are to me. They are also a gift to the people we work with in Kenya.

My quiver may only contain two arrows, but they fill my quiver to capacity.


Lord, Father in Heaven, thank You for the gift of two amazing children. You have blessed me completely. Amen.  

No comments: