Sunday, October 6, 2019

Sept 18 – My Compassion Child

     Wednesday, September 18, was our first day in Kenya. In 2015, I had gone to visit the girl I sponsor through Compassion, and this time I asked that they bring her to Nairobi so that she could get out of her little, dusty village and see some of the land.

 Compassion’s office in Nairobi chose Stedmark Gardens and Animal Park. They met us at our house and we all drove to the park in a rented car. The park was very nice and we all enjoyed seeing (and holding!) the various animals.
 Birds.
 Lots of them. I mean, lots!
 These are only a fraction of the pictures of them all.
 Then there were the snakes.
 Lots of them too.
 Probably too many.
 And of course, when asked who wanted to hold one, I jumped in.
 I insisted my Compassion child at least touch it. She just barely did.
 This little chameleon was much cuter, but his feet were sticky.
 Got to pet the female cheetah next.
 She was adorable wrapped around her little tree.
 The lions were not as exciting.
 Neither were the monkeys.
 I got yelled at for going into the wrong bathroom, even though I was just washing my hands.
 The view from where we ate our lunch.
 Finally time to hand out gifts.
 The extent of my creativity – typing her name on the cover of this sketchbook.
 Here’s where the talent shines – the quilt my church’s ladies aid donated to Mueni’s family.
 That’s all, Folks.
 God bless you, Mueni. I’ll always keep you in my prayers. Thank You, Lord, for allowing me this day with her.

No comments: