Friday, October 4, 2019

September 16 and 17, the trip to Kenya and our arrival

     I’m going to make this post short, but I wanted to let you know that we had a successful trip to Kenya and back. Yeah! First trip where nothing went awry, either just before or while we were in-country. (If you don’t recall the many mishaps on all of my previous trips – well, you’ll just have to try to find them on my blog or ask me someday when we both have enough time.)

 Outside of Loew’s Hotel, where we parked Denise’s car and caught a shuttle to O’Hare.
 I’m pretty sure not our plane, but at least the same line.  
 We flew from Chicago to Frankfurt, Germany, where we had a four-hour layover, which was the perfect amount of time to grab something to eat, get to our gate, and just put our feet up. Here we are flying out of Frankfurt.
 After that eight-hour flight and four-hour layer, it was another eight-hour flight to Nairobi. Does make for a long day and a half, or whatever it is with the additional eight-hour time change to really throw me off.

 On the plane. Sorry, Denise, it’s the best picture I had.
 Our home away from home for the next two weeks.
 The view just outside the gate.
 The dining room and living room of our gracious hosts.
 My bedroom . . .
 With an en suite bathroom.
 People always seem to think that where we stay in Africa has none of the modern conveniences of home. Totally not true. This trip we had hot running water and electricity all of the time, and even WiFi for most of our stay. Makes it hard to come home.

 Ok, but this honey really makes it hard to leave.

No comments: