Sunday, September 15, 2019

Iowa, don't knock it til you've tried it

     Ok, here we go. Time to stop messing around and get on with things. This will probably be my last blog post for a while, as I’m leaving at the crack of dawn tomorrow for my sixth trip to Kenya. Six trips! That is just crazy. I still get excited about it though, and you know what, I get just as excited about a weekend to Iowa. Yes, even Iowa.

 Though we were staying with Hubby’s brother in Bettendorf, we drove to Davenport on that Saturday back in August. 
 We visited a Farmer’s Market first and bought too much stuff, of course. Then drove to the German American Heritage Center and Museum.   
 They had some great displays, and I took actually very few pictures of them. Not sure what was up with that. Instead I took pictures of quotes. I didn’t want to forget them. 

 Especially this one. Though it was written in 1893, it says a lot about our culture today. We are Americans because we were at one time the world’s melting pot; we are the combination of all those who came and settled here from other countries. Shouldn’t we still be all that and more? 
 From there we drove to the River House Bar and Grill in East Moline for lunch.
 And a photo op. 
 Best part next though. Oh, my goodness. 
 Can’t even use my words to describe this place. I just let my inner five-year-old come out. 
 Speaking of five-year-olds, I had to knock a few out of the way to climb up on some of these bad boys. 
 I think it would be easier to fly a plane. 
 Which reminds me . . .
I gotta get on a plane in 24 hours or so, I best get packing.

No comments: