Thursday, January 18, 2024

Flashback Friday to a Turtle

     This blog post come up on memories on Facebook the other day, and I thought it was worth sharing.

One afternoon, while cleaning out the linen closet, I came across this great find.

Her name is Mrs. Tuttle. Yes, she is a little ratty but at 55 plus years old, I think she is managing. The story, as I remember it, is that my sister Pat and I were spending the night in Wausau with our much older sister. Judy is 15 years older than me and was working at a bank and living in an apartment building which is long gone. She bought me and Pat each a stuffed animal. Mine was the turtle and Pat’s – well it really wasn’t a stuffed animal.

It was a hideous plastic snake. If you can picture a Hawaiian lei where the flowers are four inches in diameter but flat and green, white or yellow thick plastic, and when spread out this thing is five feet long, that is pretty close to what that thing looked like. Hideous.  I don’t remember what Pat named the snake, but it had many adventures with Mrs. Tuttle and our other stuffed friends. 

I have a picture of that snake somewhere. I’ll have to try to find it. 

No comments: