Saturday, March 21, 2015

And rising from the ashes...

I know that I haven't done any walking in my hometown in a long time and my only excuse is that I am getting too old for winter. I keep telling my husband that we need to move south when the cold weather sets in in the fall, but he seems to think that we have to continue working twelve months out of the year. The days until retirement are many, but I am still going to start counting them. 

I haven't started my full-blown street-walking yet for the season, but I finally did take a walk around the block where the old Sacred Heart Hospital sat. The assisted living facility is really coming along. I can never understand how they can build like that in the winter. 

Because most of my landmarks from previous walks around this block are gone, I took a calculated guess. The new pictures are at least in the vicinity of the old ones. 

 Front side of the Hospital, on March 30 of last year. Hard to believe that was only a year ago. 
 August 25, 2014. The old building has reached the point of new return.
The new building is coming along. I think that's the same tree. 
 This one is my cherished oldie, from March of 2008, back when people were still holding out hope that this building could become something grand again. 
 Not so grand in August of last year. 
 And the walls came tumbling down in September.
But how exciting that new walls have gone up. And there's that tree again.
 I seem to have the most pictures of the ER entrance. July 11, 2014
 August 25, 2014
 September 6, 2014
 October 16, 2014
March 20, 2015

The file of pictures from this one city block stands at 145, if anyone wants to see more. Hopefully there will be pictures of other Tomahawk city blocks very soon. Pray for warm weather for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting these photos. My mom (Eunice Oertli) lives across the street and has been trying to explain how things look from here front porch. It's nice to be able to actually see what's going on. I'll be there in August to visit her and I suspect it'll look a LOT different then. Keep the photos coming - much appreciated. Barb Oertli Reuter (Syracuse, NY)

Chris Loehmer Kincaid said...

Thanks, Barb, for the comment and the support. I will keep checking progress on this building and post pictures as things move along.