Sunday, September 13, 2015

Never Go Hungry

“ They will never again be hungry or thirsty;
    they will never be scorched by the heat of the sun.
 For the Lamb on the throne
    will be their Shepherd.
He will lead them to springs of life-giving water.
    And God will wipe every tear from their eyes.”
(Revelation 7:16-17 New Living Translation) 

One day last week I had to go to the lab for my routine fasting blood work. Because I sometimes think I would leave my head somewhere if it weren’t attached, I stuck this note up on the cupboard where I keep my cereal bowl. I could so see myself getting halfway through my morning Cheerios before I remembered that I was supposed to fast for twelve hours.

I remembered though and didn’t even get close enough to that cupboard to read my note. How blessed I am to always have cereal in my cupboard, milk in my refrigerator. My freezer is full and it has been a very long time since I had to skip a meal because I didn’t have any food in the house.

I take so much for granted.


Lord, God, thank you for blessing me so greatly. Thank you for the food I have to eat, the clothes I have to wear and the house I have to live in. You have blessed me beyond measure. Lead me, Lord, guide me, so that I may help those who are living without these things. And Lord, God, grant me the courage and strength to carry out this work in Kenya next month. Amen. 

1 comment:

Denise D. Young said...

Gratitude is such an awesome force. I feel so blessed for so many things in my life--my family, my friends, my pets, my home, the fact that I have food in my cupboard and time to write and share stories. We all need these reminders so we don't take our blessings for granted. Thanks for the reminder! What a beautiful piece of Scripture!