Friday, August 9, 2019

And then there was one

 You may have heard stories of the many cats who have been in my life – Pebbles, Bam-Bam, Keisha and most recently Fred, Betty, Alice and Cheshire. Even a two-time border, Brewster. And one story about the orange Tom from my teen-years, Alice Cooper.

Last September, I blogged here about the passing of Fred, age fourteen. Hubby thought he was diabetic; I thought he was in kidney failure. And I suppose the two would have been related. Whatever the case, we found him a few days later, resting peacefully in our woods. 


































Alice, at only nine years old, died suddenly and unexpectedly on March 10th of this year. I haven’t mentioned it here until now, because, well, it was sudden and unexpected. 




And with heavy heart, I guess it’s time to announce the passing of my sweet uni-kitty, Betty, at age eleven. We haven’t seen her since the first of July. Perhaps, she has found a new home with a loving family somewhere else. With her beautiful green eyes and bewitching tuft of hair on the top of her head, anyone would want to claim her as their own if they were able. Of course, there are other not so happy scenarios, but I will finish her story by saying she is only in our lives in our memories now.


Which leaves us with one. I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for big orange boy kitties (is he still a Tom if he’s been fixed?).
 





















Cheshire feels all these losses the same as we have. We are thankful that he and Dino still have each other. 


No comments: