Sunday, June 20, 2021

The Gift in the Morning

   Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. (Psalm 143:8, New International Version)

Yesterday, we had a post-pandemic picnic for my family at my house. When I let the dog out first thing in the morning, I checked the skies in all directions, trying to guess if the weatherman’s forecast would be correct. I was greeted with the scene above, taken looking to the east, over the roof of my house.

The weatherman was correct for a change. God blessed us with a beautiful day. He also blessed us with a wonderful visit with family who hasn’t gotten together in over eighteen months.

Thank You, Heavenly Father for the gift of yesterday, the gift of family, and the gift of many tomorrows. Amen.