Wednesday, July 28, 2021

A Gift for you - Blog Post #1 Weekend in Viroqua

             Are you kidding me? I’m totally stumped. Here we are, the end of July, and I haven’t journaled anything about our trip with Hubby’s brother and sister-in-law to the Airbnb in Viroqua the weekend of June 4-6. And I only wrote two and a half pages in my Trip Log. Good thing I snapped nearly 300 pictures; I guess that’s the only way I’ll remember the details. 

 First of all, my gift to you is a great gift idea for someone hard to buy for. For Christmas, we gave the brother and sister-in-law part of a weekend in an Airbnb. We’d pay for the first night and split the cost of the second night with them. Together, we would pick the weekend and the place, but Hubby and I took care of finalizing everything. We talked about bringing food for meals to fix there, but ended up only doing that for breakfasts. Lunches were more like communal snacking, and we ordered carry-out for supper Friday and Saturday.

 But, if you should opt for this gift for your loved ones, decide first if you are going with them or sending them off alone. We had a great time and get along wonderfully with this couple. It’s just something to think about.

 Ok, so you can stop reading and go about your business now if you feel satisfied with the information I just shared.

 Or plunge onward.             

On the way to our cabin in Viroqua, we stopped to visit family near Cashton. The Fish Creek Ridge Lutheran Church holds many memories for them.             

As does the Fish Creek Cemetery. Just so no one drinks the water.

On to our Amish Cabin at East Sidie Hollow.

Our bedroom. At first, it looked pretty small, but it worked out totally fine. 
The bedroom in the loft. 
The downstairs - kitchen and living room. 
Come back Friday to hear of some of the things we did. 

No comments: