Friday, August 25, 2023

And Summer is Over

Wow, look at that date. The last Friday of summer. (I don’t know why they still say summer lasts until September 23. It’s got to do with the moon, I think, but like why are we still living in the Middle Ages. Come on, summer is June through August and that’s all she wrote.)

It’s also four months until Christmas. I was thinking about getting a start on my shopping by at least buying my kids’ yearly packages of socks, maybe underwear this year too, as they have both been struggling with life.

Because my back has been tormenting me all summer, as you know and are probably tired of hearing, I didn’t have nearly as many adventures or go as many places as I would have liked. Looking back, however, I guess I got out a little bit. 

A walk with my daughter and her dog in our hometown.

Another walk on another day with daughter and grand-dog.

A walk on my own at Council Grounds State Park in Merrill. 

A walk with my sister at a park in her town of Wausau.
Everyone tells me that walking is the best thing for my back. 

An overnight adventure with Daughter and Pup at Jump River.

Our annual camping trip to Bewabic State Park in Michigan. 

A new camping site, Wyalusing State Park in the far southwest corner of the state. 


And on days when I can't get out of the house, sometimes, all I have to do is look out my window. 

No comments: