Thursday, February 16, 2012

Random Kid Thoughts

“I think babies are great. OK, maybe babies aren't great – they’re messy, but little kids are tons of fun. I love little kids and it seems they all go through the messy stage first. But they’re just so neat when they can talk and say embarrassing things to distant relatives. And they can draw really modern art pictures and you can hang them on your fridge with little penguin magnet things.”

More inspiring, though random, thoughts from my sister Pat. I wouldn't have survived giving birth to two babies without her. Their little voices raised in the “Aunt Patti’s here” chorus when she would pull into our yard. They were so blessed to have her, even if it was only for a few short years. Their pictures are on the other computer - the one that is acting up - so these are the "little kid" pictures I had available.

My kids were so much more blessed than these orphans that I spent a day with while I was in Peru. They were so cute, but it was so sad. Will they ever see their hand-colored masterpieces on anybody's refrigerator?

No comments: