Wednesday, June 5, 2019

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words - Entry 1 in the story of my sister and me


“You know what they say – a picture’s worth a thousand words.
Which means painters make more money than writers.”

            Three years ago, I started writing an account of my sister Pat and myself, where we came from and where things ended up. For a couple months now, I’ve been planning on sharing the entire story starting the first Wednesday in June. With everything that’s gone on in my life so far this year, I’ve been second guessing that plan. I finished reading a book this week where the protagonist’s father gave her the advice to not have a plan. Plans, after all, are known to fail probably more than they succeed.
            So here I go anyway.
I have a slew of stories from our childhood and a stack of letters Pat had written to me over the years which include her wonderful, witty quotes. I also have my favorite things to share here – Pictures!
But because I procrastinated all night about whether or not to even start this thing, I’m going to leave you hanging until I post again on Friday. Hanging, with one more quote from my brilliant sister.  
“My view of life is laugh at everything.
Not really, but sometimes you have to look at things light-heartedly.” 


No comments: