Friday, March 19, 2021

The Calamity Family

   It has been a hectic couple of weeks. I’ve probably said that before, but this time I really mean it.

So, this happened to my son two weeks ago, when two large dogs, on leashes, wiped him out.

Anyone, even without a medical degree, can see the problem. What you can’t see is the ligaments which were torn as well.

Resting the next day. 

Here it is four days later at the orthopedic surgeon’s office.

And here it is this past Tuesday, obviously after surgery.

His sister and I drove down Monday, to spend the night with him and get stuff taken care of around his house. Then we took him into Milwaukee Tuesday morning for surgery, waited around for him to be released and then drove him back up north to stay with his sister to recover for two weeks.

Those two days I had off of work are quickly being made up though, as I worked ten and half hours Wednesday and twelve hours yesterday. We had another covid vaccine clinic from 5:00 to 6:30, and it ran a bit late, so I didn’t get home until 7:45. Woof-da.

I’m running down to see the kids today. Then tomorrow, it’s another shot clinic from 7:30 in the morning until at least 4:30 in the afternoon. Hopefully, I can get out a little closer to on time.

On another note. This is what my husband had going on a year ago

And this was me the year before.

We’re telling my daughter she needs to wrap herself in bubble-wrap come January 1 of 2022. Wish us all the best of luck!
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you saying that your family is accident prone?

Carol Stam Rehse said...

Oh, my goodness. Chris, all I can say is WOW and send up many prayers for all of you.