Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Pictured Rocks part 1 – Camping post #3

   Whenever I go anywhere, I always take too many pictures. Thank goodness for digital photography. When I was a kid, I’d always get yelled at by mom when we’d bring home the developed pictures from the drug store and she’d see all the photos I took of such random stuff. When I was younger, it was because she had to pay for them, but even when I had my own money, she’d still chide me for the waste.  

Anyway, it didn’t stop me and I think I’ve more than made up for it in my adulthood. 

Which is why I just couldn’t post, at one time, all the pictures I took of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore from the boat ride we took the Wednesday afternoon we were camping in Michigan.

The boat we rode.  

And lucky people riding in their kayaks.

I’d tell you the names of all these rock formations, but those are manmade names.



Some things are too awesome for mere human names.


Names are for people, like these two clowns.

This is as far as our cruise ship went. Next time that I share pictures of our yearly camping trip to the UP, I’ll post the pictures from the return ride.

About Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore - https://www.nps.gov/piro/planyourvisit/basicinfo.htm



No comments: