Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Pictured Rocks part 2 - Camping Post #4

   Just because I am retired, does not mean I need to fill my every minute all summer long. Someone should have told me that in May.

We took our yearly camping trip to the UP from July 17th through the 23rd. I worked one day the following week and three and a half days the next week. The week after that, which was last week, Hubby and I went camping again. Add to that the fact that our internet was out for three days during that time, and – well – I am so far behind on blogging. At this point, I can’t remember much of that first camping trip. Maybe you don’t want to hear about it anyway, right?

But two weeks ago, I promised more pictures of Pictured Rocks. So here they are. 

Just as the boat turned around to head back to the dock, this fog rolled in out of nowhere.

And then, just like that, it was gone. 

The good thing about posting the first batch two weeks ago is that you might not remember having seen some of these.


Of course, I took 300 pictures on that two-hour cruise on Lake Superior that day, so I hope I didn’t repeat any.




Such cool colored rocks.


Except for the pictures where I played with the settings on my camera and really made the colors pop!

The Grand Island East Channel Lighthouse was built in 1868 but was put out of service in 1913, having been replaced by the new range lights across the channel in Munising.

Last, these lucky kayakers who get to see the rocks up close and personal. Maybe. 


No comments: