Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Belated Thanksgiving Greetings - and Food

Sorry that I didn’t post last Friday, the day after Thanksgiving. I had thoughts of sharing various meals with you, but sometimes company comes before food. Okay, company should always come before food.

Anyway, as usual, on any trip I take anywhere, I caught a few pictures of the food I ate on my last trip to Africa. So, instead of sharing my boring November turkey with the fixin’s, here’s some of the food from my October travels. 

I'm sorry about this one. The cat was not our food. But this was in Turkey (and not a turkey, it's still a cat). When we ate lunch at an outdoor café while in Istanbul, I didn't get a picture of what I ate, but I did take one of the cat at the next table over. 
 
This is breakfast while we were at the Masa Mara safari camp. Kenya has the most wonderful breakfasts! Simple omelet, potatoes and sausage, but man, they're good. 

This was probably the fourth time I ate at Bistro't Bistro Cafe in
Kikuyu town. Always great food. I had the zucchini lasagna. Just amazing!

My friend Denise's cheeseburger and fries. She'll eat other stuff but a cheeseburger is always her "go-to" meal.  

Last there was the pizza at that place. Cannot go wrong no matter what you order. 

Then we flew to our beach house in Diani and bought some veges at a street market to cook up for our first dinner. 

The next night we went to Oasis Bar and Restaurant at the Bahari Dhow resort. I ordered the chicken alfredo but got the spaghetti. But it was really good, and I didn't care because our waiter was a hotty named Raphael. 

And this non-alcoholic fruit drink was pretty good too. 

Our last night we went out to eat at Ali Barbour's Cave Restaurant. This restaurant is in an actual cave and is one of those must-go-to places while at Diani. This was my cheesy cave chicken. 

My tale of food and drink wouldn't be complete without this horrible picture of me drinking from a coconut on the beach. Ahhh, vacation!


No comments: