Sunday, November 27, 2022

I Pray for You All


         My friends, how I wish with all my heart that my own people might be saved! How I pray to God for them! (Romans 10:1, Good News Translation)

I feel so bad for people who do not believe in the Triune God or that Jesus died for our sins so that we may have eternal life. I don’t know how they can get out of bed in the morning and face the day, how they can find any joy in accepting that this is all there is to life and that once your body dies, you die.

My heart aches for those people. I just don’t understand how they cannot listen to the Gospel and be moved to faith. Or how they don’t go searching for the Truth to find peace in their hearts and minds. Or how they at one time knew Jesus as their Savior and turned their backs on Him.

It’s been a rough couple of months for me. Okay, who am I kidding, it’s been a rough year. I think it has been for most people. But I am able to get out of bed each morning and keep plugging away, because I know this is temporary. I know that someday, when God calls me to my eternal home, that then each sunrise will be more spectacular than the day before. I know that I will be with my loved ones who have died with faithful hearts. I know that all pain and anguish will be gone.   

Jesus said, “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33, New Living Translation)

Jesus overcame the world for each and every one of us. All you have to do is have faith. Believe. Turn your hearts and your minds over to Jesus. I pray for you all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I needed this today.