Sunday, November 26, 2023

Alpha and Omega; Beginning and End

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” (Revelation 1:8, New King James Version)

One summer when I was middle school, I memorized the Greek alphabet. You know – alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, etc. Maybe I wasn’t as cool at the time as I thought I was; I’m still not cool now.

I just always imagined my achievement being something someone would ask about some day. You know, when people ask things like, “Can you touch your thumb to your wrist?” “Can you list all of the US presidents?” “Do you know the Greek alphabet?”

Anyway, I really have no wisdom other than that today. Except to let you know that I have another goal – post a blog here every day from December 1 thru December 24, each one covering a word that begins with a different letter of the alphabet, from A to Z (skipping two letters), with a story of how it pertains to the first Christmas.

And this won’t really be my achievement; it will be God’s. People always ask where I come up with the ideas for my inspirational blog posts, and my answer always is that it’s only through the grace of God that I can write anything here. And God was here from the beginning and will be here forever. 


 

No comments: