Sunday, November 5, 2023

The Lord is Always with You

 “The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.” Isaiah 58:11

After the book of Psalms, Isaiah has the most chapters of all the books in the Bible. And there’s some hard reading there. Lots of prophecy and history and things we struggle to understand because so much of it seems so foreign to us.

 “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

It shouldn’t be that hard, but I sure don’t have the knowledge to understand it. But I do know that it contains some amazing verses.  

 “Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation.” Isaiah 12:2

As you may have heard, I’ve been compiling a 40-day devotional of how to deal with pain, by turning to the Bible for answers and relief. A lot of the verses I’ve included in this book come from Isaiah.

 “Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.” Isaiah 33:2

Some mornings I wake up and need to recall these lines, as my pain is still not completely gone.  

 “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” Isaiah 40:29

But I need to hang in there and continue to turn my troubles over to God. He has got this, and one day my troubles will be over. One day your troubles will be over too.

 “The past troubles will be forgotten…See, I will create new heavens and a new earth.”  Isaiah 65:17


No comments: