Sunday, January 14, 2024

Matthew 11:28


 On Wednesday, I wrote a little bit about resolutions, mostly about how people break them within a few weeks. And here we are two weeks into the new year.

I can’t say that this is a resolution I’ve ever had, but I’ve always wanted to memorize more Bible verses. Sure, I know the 23rd Psalm and John 3:16. I know quite a few more, but I can never remember the exact book they come from or which verse number they are.

Like “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Probably a bad example as nearly the same verse is in four different books of the Bible – Deuteronomy, Joshua, 1 Chronicles, and 2 Chronicles.

Anyway, this is what I’m going to do for the next few weeks. Share a Bible verse which you may be familiar with and work on memorizing it over the next week.

     “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28, New International Version)

I’ll let you know how I did next Sunday.

No comments: