Sunday, July 28, 2024

Never Give Up, Never Quit – Dakota Vacation blog post #13

Now you should finish what you started. Let the eagerness you showed in the beginning be matched now by your giving. Give in proportion to what you have. (2 Corinthians 8:11, New Living Translation)

1969 was the first year I traveled through South Dakota. My sister Pat and I were camping with our parents, heading to Yellowstone, but they took the time to drive through the Black Hills.

I can’t remember much – I was seven years old for heaven sakes! But I have some of the black and white photos and the home movies from the 8mm camera. The most prized possession, though, is Dad’s Camping Log.

Anyway, that was the first time I saw Crazy Horse, and it didn’t look much different than the picture above, which I took further down the road on the Needles highway this June. And they’d started work on it in 1947!

The huge mountain carving still has a way to go. I don’t think it will be finished in my lifetime.

But it is still a reminder to finish what we start, no matter how long it takes. Whatever you do, put your trust in the Lord and never give up.

So we do not give up. Our physical body is becoming older and weaker, but our spirit inside us is made new every day. (2 Corinthians 4:16, New Century Version)

 



No comments: