Thursday, January 5, 2012

One More Look Back

“Through bitter tears and wounded years, those ties of blood were strong. So much to say, those yesterdays. So now don’t you turn away, when lightning strikes the family. Have faith. Believe.”

While I was working on my blog this past Sunday morning, “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey came on Pandora on my laptop. As I was writing the last few sentences, a line from another Journey song popped into my head: “Have faith, believe.”

With the rock band Journey still on my mind, I wrote Tuesday’s blog about one of my college roommates. I didn’t include it in that day’s ramblings, but Gundy’s favorite song was “Open Arms” and she wouldn’t leave for class in the morning until the radio had played it, which they did around seven o’clock every single morning for months.

I got to work this morning and one of my co-workers said that her sixth grade daughter told her that the choir is going to be performing “Don’t Stop Believing” at the spring concert. And she is thinking of trying out for a solo in the song.

Which brings me to today and a saying or a song or a sign. Seems kind of obvious. I wrote these lyrics in my journal a long, long time ago. Man, I need to get back in the here and now.

No comments: