Thursday, March 7, 2013

Show your courage



“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, ‘I will try again tomorrow’.”  Mary Anne Radmacher

I end a lot of my days feeling as if I have not roared all day, have not made a noise, have not stood up and been counted. Most days I crawl in bed wondering just what I did that day. Have I ever had a day where I was courageous? (Except for that little interview LIVE on TV last week, which I promise I will not bring up again.)

But I think that every day we do have courage. Even if it is just getting through, or getting by. We waited patiently in line at the grocery store. We didn’t retaliate at the inattentive driver who almost took us out at the stop sign. We smiled at a stranger. We laughed at an elderly gentleman’s joke which wasn’t funny.

And tomorrow morning, if it is God’s plan for us, we will get up and get out of bed. And have many more of those moments. 
 
And when you can't roar, it's OK to purr. 

No comments: