Thursday, July 25, 2013

Are you average too?

“I am so average – I am a woman, I have type O+ blood, I live in a 3 bedroom 2 bath ranch which is owned by the bank…. “

I wrote those words many months ago, oh, probably six months ago. I had a plan at the time where those words were going to go. Good thing I had written them down or they would have been lost forever.

This is what the average woman has done in the last eleven months.
Decided to publish a book. Published a book.

Decided to go to Kenya. Went to Kenya.

Decided to run a 5K race. Ran a 5K race.


What is left you wonder? What could possibly remain on my bucket list? Maybe that is why I feel as if I haven’t done much the last few months. I had been thinking it was because I was burned out from keeping up such a pace, but now I wonder if it is because there is no big goal out there, being held like a carrot, up for grabs if I strive hard enough.

I don’t know. All I do know is that at one time I kept my focus on what I wrote in this blog by writing about a person, a pet or a place on Tuesdays; a saying, a song or a sign on Thursdays; and a devotion on Sundays. That fell by the wayside quite a while back. I am going to try to resurrect that practice. Maybe if I don’t have a big goal hanging out there, I can at least have these little thrice weekly goals.


Until Sunday, then, remember there is nothing wrong with being average. 

No comments: