Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Late for the November Photo Challenge

The Personal Photo Challenge for November was "Layering Textures". Which means the assignment was to "expand and test your creativity skills. With digital editing, you will apply textured layers to photographic images to enhance them and provide a “painterly” effect."

I had one picture in mind, which I had taken in the late 1970's, which I thought would be perfect for this challenge. But I spent several hours looking for the picture without success. Then I looked at every picture I had scanned into my laptop, because I knew that a while back I had indeed scanned it. Again, no luck. 

This weekend, I was perusing some files on the desk top computer when lo and behold, there were three version of the picture, all already tweeked with different themes. 


I took the picture when I was in my teens, using my cheap old Kodak Instamatic camera. It is of my dad digging up potatoes on my mom's uncle's farm. I love this picture. 


 Better late than never, right?

No comments: