Sunday, December 29, 2013

Surrounded with Blessings

For the last six weeks, I have shared with you passages from my book “The Christmas Story in 40 Days”. For the past one week, I have been wondering what to write about today. Should I post a passage about the wise men visiting the Christ child? Should I post about the real meaning of Christmas? Should I reflect on the past year?

Still, this morning, nothing concrete had come to me. And so, instead of throwing together a meaningless article because I have to post something on my blog (and considering I didn’t write one for Thursday), I wasn’t going to write a blog post again today. Yet here I am.


Yesterday I took a short walk through my woods (my woods isn’t very big, so I had little choice in making it a short walk). I am so blessed to live where I do, have the family and friends that I have, be able to share my life with Dino the Wonder Dog. What it all boils down to, as great as of all this is, it would still just be “stuff” had God’s Son not come to Earth and lived among us. He is there in the people I love, in the pets I am allowed to raise, in the trees and in the snow. He is everywhere, surrounding me with His love.


“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.” John 14:1-3 NIV


(I am such a slacker today. This is the Bible passage that came up on Bible Gateway, the website where I look up verses. I thought it would work.)

No comments: