Sunday, February 9, 2014

Clarity - this week's word

We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!
1 Corinthians 13:12, The Message


Earlier this winter, when temperatures refused to rise above zero, I felt myself giving into the stress of cabin fever. I went straight from the house to the car to work and back again at the end of the day. Now with daytime highs around ten above (yes, ten degrees Fahrenheit), I feel comfortable wearing boots, snowpants, and the rest of the normal winter gear as I roam around my backyard.

We have a steep hill where I have tried to keep a trail open. I march up it every weekend if I possibly can. From the top of my little hill, I have a clear view of my house and the rest of the yard. When I am on my back deck, I can only see so much of my domain, but from my hill, it all becomes clear.

It reminds me of this verse. Sometimes we just can’t see everything we want to. It is not clear, as if something were in the way. But with God in our life, we can see all around us as we were meant to. We have clarity before our eyes and clarity in our lives.

Thank You God for giving me eyes to see the beauty You have created. And thank You even more for letting me see how much You love me. Amen 

No comments: