Sunday, February 2, 2014

What path will you follow?


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not trust in your own understanding. Agree with Him in all your ways, and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6 New Life Version

In my attempt to again read through the entire Bible, I read a few chapters of Psalms or Proverbs in between reading each of the other books. Today’s chapters were in Proverbs 3 and 4. The verse above is fairly well-known; you’ve probably heard it or seen it somewhere before.

This next verse maybe not.

Watch the path of your feet, and all your ways will be sure. Do not turn to the right or to the left. Turn your foot away from sin. Proverbs 4:26-27 New Life Version



I can’t say that Dino always keeps me on the right path, or that anyone should follow their dog. But I do believe that he was sent to our family straight from God. So that when I am knee-deep in snow, I will follow the path he is on. The rest of the time, I will follow God. 

No comments: