Monday, December 8, 2014

Decorating for Christmas Past

Over the weekend, I dragged the totes full of Christmas decorations upstairs. And that's all the further I got. I thought that maybe if I looked back over some of the pictures from past Christmases, I would get inspired to start decorating. Hasn't worked yet. I'm thinking more like I should just blow these pictures up and set them around the house! Think anyone would notice that the stuff isn't real? 
Peanuts all over the piano.
 Those animated snowmen from the Hallmark store. It is double-duty when I put them out, as I have to find batteries for them as well. 
 One shelf for penguins and one for snowglobes. 
And two whole shelves for the Snowmen. 

And this isn't even all of it. There is the wall full of stockings and the mantel for the real stockings. The random stuff I hang on the dining room wall. Don't even get me started on the tree - I hate the tree. And I totally forgot the table full of Nativities! 
I guess it will still be "bah-humbug" for a few more days. 
I will get it together by the 23rd. Promise. 

1 comment:

Denise said...

Well, we finally had to get an artificial tree, it isn't bad in fact it looks pretty darn good (if I say so myself). I worked all day the Sunday after Thanksgiving & got it all done, I had Rose come and polish my sterling silver silverware that I use,,kept her out of touble he-he.