Sunday, December 25, 2016

The New-Born Baby

Merry Christmas and welcome to this series of Christmas blogs. Since the first weekend in December, I have been posting an updated issue of the blogs I wrote five years ago. I thought they were kind of cute, so decided they were worth revisiting. All the pictures are of animals either my daughter or I photographed on our trips to Kenya. I hope you enjoy the pictures and the story.

While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them. (Luke 2:6-7 New International Version)

Visitor: This must be the right place. Excuse me, can you tell me if that is Mary?

 Cow: Yes, it is. With her husband Joseph and their brand-new baby.

Goat: You should have been here earlier. It was like a miracle when the baby was born.

Visitor: Really? Why is that?

Goat: I really can’t put my hoof on it.

Cow: Me either. But it was beautiful. It was like total peace and serenity suddenly came over this stable.

Goat: And this light seemed to be coming straight out of the baby. Only it wasn't a light. I can’t explain it.

Visitor: Then I am pretty disappointed that I missed it. I have been all over the countryside the last few months, looking for Mary. I can’t believe that I finally found her.

Cow: Why have you been looking for her so long and so hard?

Visitor: That’s what I don’t know. I thought I was drawn to her but now that she has the baby, I think that all along it was the baby that I was looking for.

Goat: But here you are and you still don’t know?

Visitor: No, I don’t. But I am going to figure it out before I’m through.

(For some, the answer didn't come from just that night when Jesus was born. You'll have to continue following this story for the next few weeks to see if the visitor finds what he is looking for. Today, however, have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas.) 

No comments: