Friday, October 11, 2019

Sept 20 - Returning Home, Medical Supplies and the 'Hood

     Our third day in Kenya, we got to return to the house where I stayed on my previous two visits to Kenya. Marafiki’s Volunteer House in Kikuyu, about a ten-minute walk from where we were staying this time.
 Not much has changed. It is still a beautiful house.   
 Even if it needs a little sprucing up, and a lot of interior decorating.
 But we weren’t there to admire the surroundings.
 We had arrived to clean up the donated medications and other medical supplies, discarding what was expired and organizing what was still good. I wish I would have taken a before picture.
 Nearly every time I go on one of these trips, someone will ask me if I would like to take some medical supplies along. This is why I decline.
 They get a lot of donations and unless they keep track of what they have, a lot of them unfortunately go to waste. I made an Excel Spreadsheet of what they had left so hopefully it will go to better use.
 The rest of the pictures are of walking around the Kidfarmaco neighborhood. I think I finally had myself acclimatized to the area so that I wouldn’t get lost.
 It’s a quiet little neighborhood with a lot of character. It feels like home to me.





No comments: