Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Introducing . . .

   As most of you already know, I’ve published four books – the first three quite happily through Aneko Press, just down the road in Abbotsford. They did a terrific job on my memoir and two devotionals, and I have not a single complaint with the entire process. My fourth book, which was my first novel, was published by a different publisher and that’s all I’m going to say about that.

As many authors, I’ve struggled to find a traditional publisher – the kind who pays you upfront and markets your books and makes you feel like an authentic author. I’ve also spent countless hours trying to get a literary agent to take me on. But that’s kind of a Catch-22 – agents won’t look at your stuff unless you’ve been “traditionally published” and traditional publishers won’t read your email unless your agent sent it.  

All those books you read? Writing them was the easy part for the authors; the part that saps the life out of a writer is getting their work in your hands.

But, as with so many things in life, the whole publishing process has gone through a myriad of changes in the last few years. But I’ve rambled enough.

I had a change of heart a few months back and decided to go the route of many authors these days. I won’t make a lot of money or end up on the New York Times Bestseller’s list, but this isn’t going to cost me much either. Maybe I will still have to do all the marketing myself and maybe still nobody is going to read my stuff, but at least I’ve thrown it out there.

I do feel a bit like I have given in to the behemoth, but just know that I didn’t come to this decision without a lot of thought, research, and blood and sweat.

So, ta-da, I present to you “To Find Justice”, my first work published solely by myself through Amazon. (It just dawned on me, after my rant, how apropos that title is.)

It’s not a book, way too short. I’m calling it a novella, but it’s really rather short for that too. What it is, however, is a quick easy read. It’s only currently available as an e-book, because it is so short, but I’d still like to try printing it because . . .  it is really the guinea pig for me to publish my next novel, “The Truth Beyond the River”, hopefully within a month or two.

Stay tuned. Next week, I’ll tell you more about “To Find Justice” – what it’s about and where the idea came from. In the meantime, if you already purchased it on Amazon – thank you from the bottom of my heart and I’d be eternally grateful for your review. 😉

No comments: