Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Wildlife Walk and Wonders. And Work – Blog Post #9 Camping in Michigan

   I always post my blogs first thing in the morning, which means I actually write them the night before. This week, luckily, I started my Wednesday post on Monday night. Good thing, because I am exhausted tonight (which is really last night, as you read this.)

I don’t know how the medical community in the rest of the country is doing, but here in northern Wisconsin, I feel we are at a crisis stage. No, the pandemic is not that totally bad around here, but we are seeing enough cases, hospitalizing enough people, that it is putting a strain on our already taxed health care services. And I only work in a clinic. For years, people asked me why I didn’t go back to school to get my RN. This is why – I don’t want to work in a hospital or any critical care or long-term care facility. And I feel so bad, sometimes guilty, that I work my 7:00 am to 5:30 or 6:00 pm shifts, four of them in a row and then get a three-day weekend. But I still spend a lot of hours when I am not at work, thinking about what I should have done, how my patients are doing, how my co-workers and providers are doing. I need a vacation – like maybe two weeks off every month…

I’ll keep planning the next vacation, just as I keep reliving the previous ones.

So, here are pictures from the afternoon of our second full day of camping in the UP in July. Back at Bewabic State Park and taking a walk.









And finding something to love in every day. Something to carry me through the days that are rough.

No comments: