Sunday, May 14, 2023

What Weight are You Trying to Lift Today

But the Lord said to me, “My grace is enough for you. When you are weak, my power is made perfect in you.” So I am very happy to brag about my weaknesses. Then Christ’s power can live in me. For this reason I am happy when I have weaknesses, insults, hard times, sufferings, and all kinds of troubles for Christ. Because when I am weak, then I am truly strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9-10, New Century Version)

Stop trying to carry all your troubles, even all the troubles of the world, on your own shoulders. Take everything that is worrying you and drop it all on God’s shoulders.

Turn everything over to Him. From the smallest to the largest load. His shoulders are much broader than yours, and He can carry any weight you place on Him.

Whatever is wrong in your life today, ask God, in prayer, to take care of it. Then release that it, imagine hoisting it right off of your back and placing it on God.

Trust me. You can’t handle it, but He can and He will.

The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. (Psalm 118:14, New International Version)

No comments: