Friday, December 13, 2019

2019 Christmas Letter, Part 4

     Looking at the calendar, I see I’m gonna have to get a move on it if I’m gonna finish blogging about 2019 by the end of the year.
 March continued to be a blur of snow and cold and more snow.
 So much snow, that roofs around the area were threatened with collapse. It doesn’t look like much, but this water sprinkler hanging out of the ceiling like that meant that the weight of the snow on the roof of the clinic where I work had just about reached its max and required an emergency team to get the snow off the roof as quickly as possible. As already mentioned, this wasn’t the only roof in town that this happened to.
 April arrived, though the weather didn’t hint at spring. We left for vacation during a blizzard on the eleventh.
 We kept thinking we should pull over and find a hotel until it blew over, but we just wanted to get somewhere where there wasn’t snow.  
 This random yard in Kentucky was the first picture I took where the grass was this green. I would have been willing to stay there, to soak it all in, but our destination was Virginia.
 I blogged about that vacation at length back in May, so I’m not going to tell you all about it all over again. But it was a great trip, once we got out of Wisconsin. There were flowers in bloom everywhere.

 When we got home, quite a bit of snow had melted. Unfortunately, it had to go somewhere. More about that next time, as well as the other bad news I received that month.

No comments: