Friday, December 20, 2019

2019 Christmas Letter, Part 6


    I wish I was to the part of this Christmas letter where things got better for us. Not quite, but hang in there, like I did all year.
 Five days after that spring storm in May that took out our power and a tree, I fell off our bottom basement step and broke my foot. I know, right? 
 What else could happen this year? At least I didn’t need surgery, was only laid up for a few weeks, and gimpy for a few more. Apparently, it didn't slow me down much. 
 By mid-June, things were already looking better and I was up for a trip. From all the pictures I took, I had to have walked a few miles, but I don’t remember how I did that on a broken foot. Was I still wearing my boot for all that? No clue. I think I’m losing my mind
 Anyway, we had a good trip, even though it was only for overnight. It was good to get away.
 On the way home, we stopped at the camera shop in Madison to buy me a new camera. If you look back at some of the pictures earlier in this Christmas letter, you may have noticed a string through the middle of the lighter ones. It was driving me nuts and I couldn’t take it anymore. I just had to invest in a new camera! Thank you, Hubby, for supporting me! 
 Fourth of July weekend, we had a picnic at our house. It was nice to have everyone over and the weather was beautiful.  
 The only blight in our lives during those early summer months was that another one of cats left the family fold. The last time we saw Betty was around the first of July. The hardest part is not knowing what happened to her.
  You’re forever in our hearts, sweet Uni-Kitty.


No comments: