Monday, December 23, 2019

2019 Christmas Letter, Part 7

     (I don’t usually post on Mondays, but since I won’t be writing on Wednesday due to Christmas, I have to add an extra day somewhere or I’ll never finish my Christmas letter by the end of the year (Note to self – plan better next year.).)

 Summers are for traveling, road trips both long and small, and it seems we took our share of them this year. 

 I just looked back at my pictures and see that I totally missed the quick trip I took to Minnesota in June with a friend. She was in the process of moving and wanted me to join her in looking at some apartments. It was such a quick trip that I didn’t have a chance to take many pictures. This one is at the Acoustic Café in Winona where we had lunch.
 The middle of July we took our yearly weeklong camping trip to Michigan. Not sure how many more summers the shoreline at McLain State Park will hold up, or how much longer Dino will be able to join us camping.
 He got pretty worn out this year, but he’s still a trooper. He’s my inspiration when I feel like giving up. Talk about giving up, our last night of camping, a storm blew through back home, knocking the power out, once again, and taking down a few trees. Not the best thing to come home to.
 The first weekend in August, I returned to Green Lake for a Writers Reunion. I made a ridiculous amount of stops on the way, suddenly wanting to track down covered bridges. This one is at the Red Mill just outside of Waupaca.
 My time at the Green Lake Conference Center was as relaxing as it always is. And I’m loving the zoom on my new camera.
 The second weekend in August we drove to Iowa to visit Hubby’s brother and sister-in-law. We would have made more stops along the way, but the skies were cloudy and rain looked imminent most of the drive down. This was a quick stop at the petroglyphs at Roche-A-Cri State Park.
 While in Iowa, we toured the German American Heritage Museum in Davenport.
 But the John Deere Tractor Plaza is where I lost it. Really? Farmers get to drive these beasts every day? So cool.
I took two more rides in the late summer and early fall, but those will have to wait for next time. That will be Friday, two days after Christmas. So let me now wish you a blessed holiday, be safe and healthy, don’t fight with the relatives, 
life is short, as you’ll read on my next post. 

No comments: