Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Randemic Thoughts

     Hubby and I ready to go vote yesterday. Luckily, our polling place set up drive-through voting, so we didn't even have to leave the car. Ingenious! I should have taken a picture of that.

Here are some more random thoughts I have on this pandemic.

  • Odd how they had just gotten us all trained to use our cloth shopping bags and now we have to get new bags every time we go shopping. I hope we all remember to go back to the reusable bags when this is all over.
  • Have all the grocery stores always offered curbside pickup? Coz when this is all over, I think it would be great to keep doing it. Order what I need online in the calm of my living room and totally avoid those impulse purchases.
  • How did anyone mentally and emotionally survive the pandemic of 1918 with no internet? A lot of people on Facebook have been reporting that they have been hacked or getting private messages, which screams spam to me. I think it’s all because so many more people are on Facebook more than usual. I ignore that stuff. If you get a new friend request from me, I didn’t do it and I don’t want to hear from you and I’m going to ignore your friend requests because I think somehow that is how “they” (whoever “they” are) actually do hack you. Don’t freak out, don’t pass that stuff on to others, maybe change your password if that makes you feel comfortable, maybe take a social media vacation for a few days.
  • I know that the labs and testing sites are doing their very best, but I still know, in my own pea-brain, that the number of people with COVID is way higher than anyone is reporting. Which is not cause to panic; it just means that numbers are only numbers. Your friends, relatives and that old guy who lives down the street – that’s what really counts.
  • Back to the whole internet thing? It’s great we can stay connected via texting, email and video chat. But better yet? Just pick up the phone and call somebody.
  •  Monday morning, this sign was posted outside the medical facility where I work. I think
    everyone can be a hero. It’s not always the big things; the little things are just as important. God be praised, we haven’t been hit much with this pandemic in my community. Yet. But that doesn’t mean that people aren’t scared and about all I’ve been doing is talking to my patients over the phone as much as I can, not even about this virus, but about everything else in their lives. Nope, I’m not a hero any more than anyone else. 
  • Nobody is talking about toothbrushes. I'd recommend you change your toothbrush more often and that all the toothbrushes in your household should practice social distancing.  
  • Terminology changes all the time. Just three months ago I thought of “flattening the curve” as getting my mammogram.
And those are my random thoughts for today. It is Holy Week, though, so tomorrow I will get back to writing serious stuff.

Have a great day and God bless. I'm heading off to work now. Chris

No comments: