Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Spring Pics - if you can call is spring

I’ve had tunnel-vision the last few weeks when it comes to blogging. Two basic topics – Lent along with Easter and then the whole coronavirus pandemic. Now that Easter is over, maybe it’s time to shut up for a change and just post pictures again.

I was starting to get worried about myself, that I had become so disoriented by COVID19 that I didn’t even care if I took any pictures. I’ve been taking very few the last couple of months. The Easter Sunday blizzard seems to have brought me back to life.

The front of our house on Saturday, April 11
 Monday morning, April 13
 Monday afternoon 
But I should back up to exactly one year ago, April 11, the day we left for vacation as a blizzard was bearing down on the upper Midwest. Worst storm I've ever driven through. 
 April 19, 2019, the day we came home from vacation. I would say that in spite of all the snow we got earlier this week, we are way ahead of last year's. Yes, spring will get here even though it's three degrees out this morning. 
So here is the play by play view of our garage from this most recent snowstorm. 
Sunday, April 12, at 11:20 am, as the snow was just beginning. 
 By 2:30 in the afternoon. 
 5:20 in the afternoon 
 Monday morning, April 13, around 7:00 
 Oh, but I still can't knock the beauty of fresh snow. In my swamp. 
 And on my deck. 
 And where my milk cans are lined up. 
 Of course, Dino is a beauty in any weather. 
 More artistry on the deck. 
The tree that came down in the storm just before Thanksgiving. 
Seems the holidays are bad weather magnets. 
 But it still is April and green will overcome the white very soon. 
April has always been a month of anything goes. Exactly thirty years ago, we had nice weather and all of our snow was gone on. The flowers were up and budding. Then on April 16 we woke to about three inches of snow on the ground. I remember this clearly because my daughter had been born on the 14th and we took her home from the hospital two days later. I have a picture of that somewhere – the fresh snow – but that was way before digital photography, so it’s going to be a challenge to find. It’s not as if we’ve never seen snow on the spring flowers before.  

Have a great day. Hopefully, here in the Northwoods, we'll be enjoying a full blown spring soon.

No comments: