Friday, April 23, 2021

Another COVID update

 It’s been two months since I posted about COVID19. There hasn't been much to report. People are getting vaccinated at record rates – data shows 36% of Americans have had one vaccine, and 24% are fully vaccinated. At my clinic, we have met our waiting list. Anyone who tells us now that they want the vaccine can get it within one or two business days if their schedule allows. Our schedule has openings. Last night, we did the last covid vaccine clinic which we had scheduled. They are talking about doing more of them, but I’m not sure the patient population requires it. And, honestly, our staff is getting burned out.

Sadly, many people are still refusing to get it. I know there are risks, but you have to realize it’s still better to vaccinate when weighing the pros and cons.

There is no conspiracy theory, the vaccine doesn’t change your DNA, the shot doesn’t carry a microscopic tracker so that the government now knows where you are at all times, there is no anti-Christian juice in it, it’s not going to cause the mark of the beast to suddenly sprout on your forehead.

Yes, you might get sick for a few days, you might be one of the tiny percent of the population who develops some weird long-term effects. You might say, I rather get COVID; I’m young and healthy, and I’ll recover from it as quickly as I would from this vaccine. Or you might get COVID, end up in the hospital for weeks, need a ventilator, and die. The coronavirus is one of those diseases which is not picky – there’s a word for it, but you know what I mean. It doesn’t care who you are. We’ve had ninety-year-olds sail through it and forty-somethings who end up that vent.

Here's the other thing – in many places, the pandemic is ramping up and seeing record number of cases. Probably because people are letting their guards down, sick of staying home, sick of their masks. But along with nearly everyone I’ve talked to, I want this thing to be over with. So, once again, I’m going to say (or write), wear the mask, keep the distance, be safe.

Have a good weekend, Chris

Just like spring flowers, the end of the pandemic will happen. Some day. 


No comments: