Sunday, April 11, 2021

Repeat the Story

    Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” (John 20:29, New King James Version)

 A couple of weeks ago, I had a dream where a former co-worker called me up out of the blue. She was doing a radio show and wanted to interview me about my faith. In my dream, I was driving in my car and told her that sure, I had the time and would love to tell her about why I believed that Jesus Christ was my Savior.

I thought she meant she wanted to interview me on the phone right then, so I went into my spiel about having been born and raised in the Christian faith, going to church and Sunday School every week, praying at every meal, getting confirmed.

Then I told her about the time, back in 2005, when I was feeling sorry for myself and feeling very distant from God. Suddenly I felt a warm, strong hand under my chin, turning my face to the heavens, and heard a voice, rich and loving, tell me that I was His precious child. When I opened my eyes, there was no one there, well, no one that I could see. But I knew how real He was.

And then, in my dream, after sharing all of that with this woman on the phone, she said, “oh, that’s great, but I wasn’t recording it, so can you repeat all of that?”

I was like, “no, I’m not going to repeat all of that!”

And that’s when I woke up, wondering what that dream could possibly mean. All I know is that I hope when given the chance, I’ll joyfully repeat my faith story as many times as I need to.

Lord, Jesus Christ, thank You for coming into my life and for always being with me, for holding me when I am lonely, for lifting me up when I am falling. For being my eternal Savior. Amen

No, my daffodils aren't up yet; this picture was taken April 20, 2012. If you read my post on Friday, you realize that some years the flowers are farther behind than others. But we keep the faith. 


No comments: