Sunday, May 23, 2021

Loyal Friendships

 Some friendships do not last, but some friends are more loyal than brothers. (Proverbs 18:24, Good News Translation)

I’ve been blogging about the songs from the musical “Godspell” and plan to return to that. But today, I am out of town, spending the weekend with a dear friend.

As we were driving to a park yesterday, we ran across a neighborhood rummage sale. We naturally had to stop, and I think I picked up more stuff than I needed to.

At one sale, we found this little box of sayings and Bible verses. My friend was checking it out, so I told her she should buy it (for all of 75 cents) but then she could give me some of the cards and I’d stick them in ‘thinking of you’ cards that I mail to random people.

So she bought it and then gave the whole thing to me.

When we got back to the cabin where we were staying, I picked out a few random cards to read and this one was the third one I pulled out.

Value your loyal friends. They are worth more than silver or gold.

Thank You, Lord God, for the gift of friendship. And thank You that no matter how many true friends I have here on Earth, that Jesus is my best Friend. Amen.

No comments: